15 7 / 2012
And I got to thinking about different portrayals of mental illness in film, and how these changed over time and influenced the way the public perceived various methods of treatment (like electro-convulsive therapy), and the stigma that went along with it.
So, I’m thinking of hosting a blogathon at vivandlarry.com where participants discuss these types of films or famous personalities in film who suffered from mental illness. Obviously Vivien Leigh ticks both of these boxes. Perhaps there can be something useful behind it, like collecting donations for a mental health charity. God knows in this day and age they need all the help they can get.
Would anyone be interested in participating in something like this?
- scarletlovesrhett answered: Yeah I would love to. I like learning about the different mental illnesses. If possible could I do an article over Gene Tierney? Thanks:)
- donaldmania likes this
- humpthehostess answered: yes!
- papageorgio answered: I wrote an essay on this very topic! I’d love to.
- oleighvier likes this
- euneirophreniaa answered: sounds like an entertaining and informative night!
- victoriastation posted this